Friday, 7 January 2011

Another year, another frock.......

Just had to post a photo of my Christmas present, a lovely pair of shoes from my lovely wife. They are SO comfortable, and they have a cute little zip up the back that makes getting them on and off really easy!

The vintage sequinned empire-line dress was a birthday present, and both presents were perfect for our now-traditional New Year's Eve dressy-up.

On previous NYE's, I have dashed outside to stand on my own at the front door, shivering in a tiny little dress to wait for the first firework, so I can rush back in to warm my tush at the fire, but this year we did something unusual.

We decided to BOTH let in the New Year, as this year is going to be a year of big changes, and starting with a change seemed the right thing to do. So we both went out at 2 minutes to midnight and strolled, hand in hand, down the drive to the road to watch the fireworks. I've never been out in the village dressed, and yet I didn't care that anyone could have seen us standing at the gate, must have been the drink!

We strolled back and got stuck into some cocktails, and had a nice photo session, but I beg you, PLEASE, try not to look at my Christmas belly, I'm definitely going on a diet this month!

To show you what drink, flu and over-eating can do to a person, below is a warning photo-,
Kids, just say NO! If you drink, you will one day look like this old hag!




Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. You are the most beautiful woman in the world! Kisses from Rome.

    ReplyDelete