The main advantage of not having a television is being able to watch programmes on the BBC iplayer when time permits, and this week, I have chiefly been watching...... 'The BBC Opera Season'. It has been fantastic, and Auntie Beeb should be congratulated on this wonderful series of shows.
Rolando Villazon was superb in 'What Makes A Great Tenor', and the 'Opera Italia' programmes on Verdi ( or Joe Green, as our old music teacher would insist on calling him, to the chagrin of the non-latin speakers who had to have the joke explained to them), and Puccini, were really informative. They say you learn a new thing every day, true where these programmes are concerned.
I'm halfway through last night's 'Pavarrotti: A Life in Seven Arias', and will be looking forward to the weekend and Puccini's 'La Boheme', my all-time favourite. I shall be curled up on the sofa, glass of Merlot in one hand and a tissue in the other, ready to sob my heart out at the sad demise of poor Mimi. I'm filling up already...........
See, wearing slutty undies and masturbation are NOT my only passions.
Thursday, 10 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment